Friday, March 29, 2013

Lately...

Happy Friday, and Happy Good Friday that is!

Does everyone have fun Easter plans? We are changing it up a bit and serving a meal at our local night shelter Easter morning and then doing brunch at my parents house. My contributions to brunch are a Boozy Bacon Jam with Homeamde Biscuits and Blueberry Pie Bars, stay tuned for the recipes.

Last night we had some of our favorite people over for dinner and I served this pork tender, this salad and roatsed new potatoes. I forgot how much I love roasted potaotes and they are SO easy. There is no real recipe, you simply quarater new (sometimes called creamer) potatoes and toss with olive oil and your seasonings of choice and roast them in the oven at 425 for 40 minutes or so. They get crisy and delicious.

I also made a double batch of these Almond Butter granola bars, and WOW I forgot how insanely delicious these are. This time around I subbed in walnuts for the almonds, omitted the butter and they still turned out great!

In shopping news, I'm making this precious shirtdress mine, and at 30% off no less it's an amaaaazing deal.



Happy Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment