Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Almond Butter Brownie Cupcakes

Cupcake is a very loose term in this title. I heavily considered not posting this recipe today as I'm undecided on whether or not I even like these. I'm all about baking healthier desserts since I have such a HUGE sweet tooth so when I came across this recipe I knew it was a must bake.

However, they almost taste TOO healthy for me, but I've only had one so far so I'm hoping to give them another tasting shot. One change I would make is to add the almond butter to the batter instead of messing with the marbling effect, because to be honest my marbled effect didn't really work.

What do you think of this recipe?

via Butter Baking



Almond Butter Brownie Cupcakes adapted from Butter Baking
1 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp milk (I used almond milk)
1 egg
1 egg white
3/4 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup almond butter
Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake liners.
Place all ingredients except the peanut butter in a blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth and the oats turn to a powder.
In a small bowl, microwave the almond butter for 30 seconds.
Pour the brownie batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about 3/4 of the way.
Pour about a tablespoon of melted almond butter onto each brownie bite, and gently swirl it in with a knife, creating a marbled effect.
Bake for 15 minutes, until the centres are set. Makes about 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment