Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spicy Sausage Pasta

So if I'm being totally honest with you all I haven't ACTUALLY eaten this recipe yet. I made this for friends this week and am planning on having the leftovers for tonight's dinner. However, said friend said it was delicious so I'm trusting her.

I mean with this ingredient list how could it not be? This also took less than 30 minutes to make, thus making it a great weeknight meal!

We will be having this salad alongside this dish tonight, can't wait.

Enjoy!

Spicy Sausage Pasta via Kevin & Amanda



Spicy Sausage Pasta slightly adapted from Kevin & Amanda

1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb smoked chicken sausage (I used an andouille version from Trader Joe's)
1.5 cups diced onion (I used a diced blend of onions/shallots/garlic from Trader Joe's)
2 cloves garlic, minced (I didn't add this since garlic was in the blend above)
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 (10 oz) can tomatoes and green chiles, Mild
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 oz whole wheat penne pasta
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
1 cup Lite Mexican Blend cheese, shredded
1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions

1. Add olive oil to an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat until just smoking. Add sausage and onions and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Add broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Remove skillet from heat and stir in cheese and scallions.


No comments:

Post a Comment