Monday, March 25, 2013

Roasted Garlic Pasta

Hmmmm pasta salad? It has never been top on my list, but after seeing this recipe that involved roasted garlic I was sold. This was my first time roasting garlic and WHOA, it makes your home smell amazing.

I made a few changes from the original recipe, mainly that I subbed the pasta for a brown rice/quinoa blend that you microwave and then I heated the ricotta cheese plus 1/2 cup of water together in pot over  medium heat to combine well to put the sauce together.

Roasted Garlic Pasta via Budget Bytes



Roasted Garlic Pasta Salad adapated from Budget Bytes


Ingredients

- 1 head roasted garlic
- 1 lb pasta OR 1 pouch of brown rice/quinoa blend
- 15 oz. fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmasan
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1/2 cup water

Directions

Combine roasted garlic, ricotta mixture (see above) and salt/pepper to taste in a large bowl. Make pasta or microwave other "pasta" source and add to bowl. Quarter cherry tomatoes, and add to bowl along with spinach and basil. Add the parmasan cheese and stir well to combine. Enjoy!

See this tutorial for how to roast garlic.

And P.S. I served this with this mandrain orange and cranberry salad

No comments:

Post a Comment