Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It's a Pancake Kind of Day

I'm still in the groove of trying all different kinds of breakfast ideas. In case you missed it, these breakfast cookies and these banana oatmeal muffins have been my top two favorites. This morning I made a batch of these pancakes. I'm undecided on these, I ate them plain without syrup and I'm thinking that was a mistake. I think tomorrow morning I'll try them with syrup.

Either way these are healthy and filling!

Enjoy!

Banana Almond Oat Pancakes via GreenLiteBites


Banana Almond Oat Pancakes from GreenLiteBites


  • 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats 
  • 1/4 cup Almonds 
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 medium banana
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup almond milk


Grind up the oats and almonds in a processor. In a bowl mix the processed oats/almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and baking powder. In another bowl mash the banana. Then whisk with the vanilla, egg, and milk.

Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients to create the batter.

Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and spray with non-stick spray.
Pour batter on the griddle in about quarter cups, this yields around 7-8 pancakes.

Cook for 3-4 minutes. The edges with start to brown slightly and there will be a few bubbles. Flip.
Cook for about 2 minutes until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment