Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Mandarin Orange, Cranberry and Green Salad

Last night I hosted a small dinner party (I posted our dessert yesterday) and our main dish was my Mom's delicious fish tacos, but I added this green salad. Any recipe from With Style & Grace is always great and this particular salad is her Mom's own recipe.

I loved all the sweet tastes in this salad, but then you had the crunch of the toasted almonds and that mixture made for a great allover bite. I was a little nervous to use canned Mandarin oranges as this was my first time doing so. I don't know something about canned fruit just kind of grosses me out, but I'm happy to say I really didn't think they tasted bad or different from fresh orange slices.

Enjoy!

Mom's Orange and Cranberry Salad from  With Style & Grace



Mom’s Orange and Cranberry Salad Recipe from With Style & Grace
Ingredients
Dressing
  • 1 garlic clove, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup agave, honey or sugar (I used honey)
  • pepper to taste
Salad
  • 4 cups lettuce mix
  • 1 small can of mandarin oranges, drained
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions
To make the dressing, add ingredients to a shaker/mason jar and shake or add to a bowl and whisk. Place in the refrigerator until ready to dress.
To prepare the salad, put the lettuce in salad bowl and add mandarin oranges, and cranberries. Mix the dressing before drizzling a little over the salad and toss to combine. Add more dressing to your liking. Sprinkle toasted almond pieces and serve immediately.
Make Ahead Tips - Toast your almonds and make your salad dressing ahead of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment