Go now and make this, you won't be disappointed!
|Spring Salad with Strawberry Lemon Basil Dressing from Oh She Glows|
Slightly adapted from Oh She Glows
for the dressing (yield: 2/3 cup):
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp pure maple syrup, to taste
- fine grain sea salt & black pepper, to taste (I used 1/4 tsp each)
for the salad:
- Slivered almonds, toasted
- mixed greens
- strawberries, chopped
- chiffonade fresh basil
1. Preheat the oven to 300F. Toast the almonds for about 7-8 minutes and then remove.
2. In a food processor, add the strawberries, basil, lemon juice, and oil. Process until smooth. Add in the salt, pepper, and maple syrup to taste and process again.
3. Assemble the salad as desired. Leftover dressing should keep for at least a few days in a sealed container.