Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Lunch Salad

Sooo I love making a "salad" on Sundays to feed me for lunches through the week and I have a new one for you all. This is so yum and fresh. I slightly adapted this recipe from the Sprinkled with Love's version...Enjoy!


Slightly adapted from Sprinkled with Love
1 cup dry quinoa (I use 1 "packet" from a premade quinoa and couscous blend from Costco)
2 ears of corn, grilled
1 cans black beans
2 heirloom tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeño, minced
Salt, pepper and lime juice (I used one whole lime) to taste 
Directions: This recipe is super easy to make in advance, not to mention you can basically alter it anyway you see fit for fab results. Start by cooking the quinoa and grilling your corn. Allow for the corn to cool before cutting the kernels off the husks! Roughly chop the tomatoes. Combine the cooled quinoa and corn with everything else (rinse and drain the beans, chop the veggies, mince the and jalapeño, etc.). Serve cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment