Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Most Delicious Granola Bar I've EVER Tasted!

Happy Thursday friends! The weekend is almost here, YAY! I have another recipe for you all today and I can't take any credit it for it. My dear fellow baker friend Lisa and I share the same passion for sweets and treats. She came across these AMAZING granola bars over at Gingerbread Bagels (If you like sweets you NEED to be reading Gingerbread Bagels, all of her blondie recipes are sooo yum!) and made a batch and so sweetly brought me some. Is that a friend or what?! So thank you Lisa!! See her slightly modified recipe below.

Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Granola Bars from Gingerbread Bagels



2/3 cup plus 2 Tablespoons creamy almond butter
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar (Dark brown sugar will work too, use whatever you have)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1/3 cup chopped unsalted almonds (I just cut them in half)
1/4 cup each semi sweet chocolate chips and dried cranberries
In a large bowl, mix the almond butter, brown sugar, honey, melted butter and vanilla extract.
Add in the oats, chopped almonds, chocolate chips and dried cranberries. Stir.
Lightly spray an 8 by 8 inch baking pan with nonstick spray. The nonstick spray will help the parchment paper stick to the pan.
Line the baking pan with parchment paper.
Spread the granola mixture into the pan. I use my hands to press it in.
Bake the granola bars at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment