Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Because Everyone Needs a Go To CC Cookie Recipe

I knowwwww I've been a bad blogger lately and haven't been as consistent, shame on me! This is largely due to a very fun weekend I had in Fredricksburg, TX to celebrate a bride-to-be, another post on that coming. But back to today's post, chocolate chip cookies...who doesn't love these? I made a batch to deliver to some loved ones and then even let some remain in our home, I know my husband is thrilled about this as he often asks, "Can't you ever just make "normal" cookies?" Well he got his wish!

This recipe was SO easy. I made the dough last night and then baked off the cookies early this morning. Enjoy!

Irresistible Chocolate Chip Cookies from RealSimple


20 (makes 40 cookies) Hands-On Time: 0hr 15m Total Time: 0hr 35m

Ingredients

  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • kosher salt
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
  • 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 375° F.
  2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil. (I just sprayed them with non-stick baking spray)
  3. With an electric mixer on medium-high, beat the butter, sugars, and vanilla for 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the baking soda. Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  4. Scoop the dough into tablespoon-size mounds and place on the prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned at the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. (12 minutes seemed perfect for me)
  5. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment