Monday, February 20, 2012

Must Try Chickpea Recipe

Hiiii friends, sorry that I've been MIA lately, life has gotten in the way, but I promise to get back on the blogging bandwagon. So I've been seeing multipe recipes lately for roasted chickpeas and have wanted to try them myself and man o man am I glad I did. Chickpeas are a good source of folic acid, fiber, 
and manganese and they have a lot of protein in them too. Basically chickpeas = awesome for you.

This recipe couldn't be easier, these are great as a snack, as a topping to a salad or to put out at party which I'll be doing this Wednesday night.

Spicy Roasted Chickpeas via Our Best Bites



Ingredients:
1 15-ounce can chickpeas
1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drain and rinse chickpeas and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the spices and the olive oil. Toss the chickpeas in the spice mixture and spread the seasoned chickpeas over a lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes and then remove the pan from the oven. Use a spatula to toss the chickpeas, then replace the pan and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until browned (but not burned) and crispy. Allow to cool. Snack away.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment