These were so easy to make, the longest part was getting my food processor out and ready for use. Do make sure to leave these for a few hours or overnight even before you slice them up. They need that time to come together so they don't fall apart on you.
|via Life's Simple Measures|
Blueberry Pie Bars slightly adapted from Life's Simple Measures
Crust and Topping:
1-1/2 c. all purpose flour
3/4 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
3/4 c. unsalted butter, chilled
2 large eggs
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. greek yogurt
3/8 c. all purpose flour (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
1/2 tsp. almond extract
16 oz. fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8-inch pan with non stick cooking spray; set aside.
- For the crust, combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Cut the butter into 1/2-inch pieces and add to flour mixture. Process until the butter is evenly distributed but the mixture is still crumbly (about 30 to 60 seconds).
- Reserve 1-1/2 cups of the mixture for the topping; set aside. Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- For the filling, whisk eggs in a large bowl, then add the sugar, greek yogurt ,flour, and almond extract. Gently fold in blueberries. Spoon the filling over the crust and sprinkle the reserved topping mixture evenly over the filling.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until top turns golden brown. Cool 1 hour before cutting and serving or serve out of pan cobbler style.
Yield: 16 bars
***You could sub whole-wheat pastry flour for the all purpose if you want!