Monday, April 8, 2013

Healthy Cookies

Happy Monday! Did everyone have a good weekend?

I made these cookies on Friday when I realized I had one (I halved this recipe just FYI!) overripe banana. I'm constantly pinning "healthy" dessert recipes since I have such a sweet tooth and these were pretty yum! While yes they aren't an iced sugar cookie, they still taste somewhat like a treat because of the chocolate chips. They are definitely worth it to have around as a healthy daily treat!

via The Skinny Fork



Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies slightly adapted from The Skinny Fork
Ingredients:2 Ripe Bananas, Mashed
1/3 C. Almond Butter
2/3 C. Unsweetened Applesauce
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
Dash of Ground Cloves
Dash of Ground Nutmeg
1 1/2 Quick or Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 C. Nuts (I used pecans)
1/4 Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 C. Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray. Mix together the bananas, peanut butter, applesauce, vanilla, and spices. Add in the oats, nuts, chocolate chips, and coconut; stir until well combined.
Spoon about 2 tbsp. of the cookie mixture onto the baking sheet, leaving an inch or two between each. Bake for 20-30 minutes and allow to cool slightly.


Enjoy!

P.S. - I'm making this and this for dinners this week, and oh this old standby for my lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment