Monday, June 25, 2012

Mexican Shrimp Casserole

First off, sorry for the lack of pictures. I didn't take any when I made this on Friday night. I made this while having a great beach weekend in Destin and it was the perfect beach meal. Not to heavy, but filling and fresh. I served this with a mixed green salad with sliced strawberries and toasted walnuts with my favorite salad dressing. I hope some of you enjoy this meal as much as I did!


Mexican Shrimp Casserole courtesy of Mama


1 lb cooked shrimp 
1 T olive oil
2 t Creole seasoning
1 red bell pepper chopped
1/2 cup frozen corn (Thawed and drained...I also think grilled corn could be great here!)
1/2 shredded Mexican cheese (I used a low fat version)
1 can black beans (Drained and Rinsed)
green onions (chopped)

Toss shrimp w oil and creole seasoning. Put all ingredients except cheese into pyrex and top with cheese. Bake at 375 for 40 mins. Loosely cover w foil for the first 20 mins baking and then remove foil for 2nd half. 
Top with desired toppings such as diced avocados, tomatoes, salsa or lime wedges.

1 comment:

  1. I am making this for a girls dinner tomorrow night and serving over quinoa! Thanks for the great recipe! XOXO

    ReplyDelete