Friday, June 1, 2012

Egg Muffins...Yes I'm Determined To Turn ANYTHING into Muffin Form

Sooo I've had this recipe saved for SO long, I loved the idea of making a "muffin crust" with shredded zucchini and I finally had all the ingredients on hand to make these. I normally never have shredded cheddar cheese, but I had some leftover from some cornbread (Actually, rewind I forgot to put the cheddar cheese into that particular cornbread, whooooops!), so I decided to make these suckers. They are perfect to have in the freezer for a last minute dinner or snack. I'm planning on adding them to our dinner rotation this week with a big green salad. Enjoy!

Zucchini Egg Frittata Nests via Debbi Does Dinner



Adapted from Debbi Does Dinner


Nest:
2 medium zucchini, grated
1 red pepper, chopped
Salt and pepper

Egg Mixture:
4 eggs
4 egg whites
1/2 cup milk (I used 1%)
2 tbsp. parsley (I used 1 tbsp dried)
3/4 cup cheddar cheese, 3 oz. 
Salt and pepper
1/4 tsp. dry mustard



Cook the nest ingredients at 400 degrees for about 5 - 7 minutes in a pan with cooking spray. Spoon evenly into 12 muffin pans sprayed with cooking spray. Push the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of each cup to form a nest. 



Combine the egg mixture and spoon carefully into the nests. Bake until eggs are set and puffed, about 20 to 25 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment