Monday, June 11, 2012

Peanut Butter + Banana

Mornnnning everyone! Who else is extremely exhausted today?! I really am wishing I still had some of this Peanut Butter Banana Bread to perk me up, sadly I don't. I made this quick bread as a small thank you to a sweet family who hosted me in their home for a few days last week in St. Louis. Have you all ever been to St. Louis? It's gorgeous! If you all ever go you need to visit The Cat's Meow, adorable shop!

Anyway back to this bread, it's easy to make and YUM. I went off of this recipe, but omitted the Reese's. I know I know you ALL are thinking why would you omit the Reese's...I just didn't want this to be super decadent and thought by omitting the Reese's it would make for a lighter bread.

Peanut Butter Banana Bread via Cookies & Cups



Ingredients
  • 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup oil (I used canola)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
How to Make
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Grease your loaf pan.
  3. In a medium bowl whisk together your flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
  4. In a large bowl stir together your bananas, peanut butter, oil, egg and sugars.
  5. Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter will be lumpy. DO NOT OVER-STIR.
  6. Bake for approx 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
  7. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and remove from loaf pan, transferring bread to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment