Saturday, June 9, 2012

My Dressing

Sooo I make my own salad dressing and love doing so. While yes I do keep one or two bottled versions in my fridge for emergencies I really prefer to make my own for a few reasons. The most important being that it tastes better, but the latter being that there are all sorts of additives and words I can't pronounce in bottled salad dressings, not to mention the salt content is usually out of control. I've posted this dressing recipe on the blog before, but have never had a post entirely about it so wanted to re post it today. It's BEYOND easy and keeps in the fridge for a few days. I usually half this recipe and it lasts us for two or three salads.

Some of my current favorite salad combos right now either mixed greens + diced green apple (with skin on + dried cherries + Tours Mix (BEST thing ever!) + dressing OR mixed greens + sliced strawberries + toasted slivered almonds + dressing...yum yum!


Balsamic and Mustard Dressing from The Sweet Beet


1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (Sometimes I used a flavored balsamic)
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard (I prefer grainy)
1 tsp honey 
1 tsp dried herbs eg. oregano, thyme (I used Mrs. Dash No Salt Added Herb Mix)
salt & pepper

You can either mix it with a fork, a whisk or shake it up a jar (any shape will do!). But for optimal flavor, really mix it. Use a jar if you’re going to be making extra and storing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment