So this lasagna...it came from my Mama who received the recipe after it was served at her surprise birthday party this past year (She has the BEST friends!). It's a great recipe...easy, delicious and comforting. I served it this past weekend at a very sweet friends baby shower and it was a hit.
You can assemble this the day before if you want and bake when needed, it also reheats and freezes great. We served this with a simple spinach salad and garlic bread.
Enjoy! (And sorry for lack of picture!)
- 8 ounce package cream cheese (Feel free to use the light version)
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 package (about 2 cups) shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning blend (I used Mrs. Dash garlic/herb)
- 1 package lasagna noodles (Use no-bake and save yourself a step)
- spaghetti sauce (I used the tomato basil jarred sauce from Trader Joe's)
- 1 pound chicken Italian sausage
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Brown meat and set aside. In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, spinach, 1 cup shredded mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Lightly cover bottom of pan with one cup sauce. Layer noodles, cream cheese mixture, meat, and sauce until baking dish is full, about 3 layers. Top with remaining shredded mozzarella.
Cover with foil and place in oven on baking sheet to catch drips for 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake for five additional minutes, then remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
***If using cooked lasagna noodles reduce cooking time by 35 minutes.
***I found I need more sauce so I would say three jars for batch to be safe.