Did everyone have a good weekend? We had a great one! We have slowed down a ton this year compared to last year and I'm loving it.
We cooked out at a baseball game on Friday night and one of my contributions was this fruit salsa. Holy yum and holy easy! The easiest thing to do for this recipe is to do a rough chop and then throw everything into the food processor and pulse a few times.
I served this with regular tortilla chips, but also with the black bean/quinoa tortilla chips from TJ's and those were a big HIT.
|Strawberry Mango Salsa - Eat, Live, Run|
Strawberry Mango Salsa from Eat, Live, Run
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 large mango (I got the package of already sliced fresh mango from Trader Joe's)
- ¾ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ red onion, minced
- 1 whole jalapeno, minced (seeds removed if you prefer less heat)
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp honey
- Chop up the strawberries and mango into very small bits.
- Place in a bowl with the cilantro, minced red onion and minced jalapeno.
- Add honey and lime juice and stir well.
This salsa is best eaten the day it is prepared.
Yield: yields about 2 cups
P.S. I also made these for our cookout, and MAN I forgot how delicious these were!