|Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bars from Health|
Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bars slightly adapted from Health.com
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13- x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and peanut butter until well combined. Beat in eggs, oil, and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture. Add barley flakes (or rolled oats), cranberries, peanuts, and 3/4 cup chocolate chips, stirring to combine.
3. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned and firm to the touch. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.