Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cinnamon Chocolate Brownies

Funny where I got the idea to bake these...ready for story time friends. Sooo this fall we went to South Africa, and while I was trying not to FREAK about the long flight and FYI I have never been one to be scared of flying, but ever since watching Lost (yes the TV show and yes I realize I'm WAY late to the party) I all of sudden was soooo nervous to fly across the ocean. However, when our lovely (slightly kidding) dinner arrived there was a cinnamon brownie that came with and man, it wiped all my fears away.

So I finally found a recipe on Pinterest and made these for my sweet friends who are celebrating their one year anniversary this week. These were delicious! I think next time I make them I would love to serve them with some cinnamon ice cream and then ditch the icing. However, if not serving a la mode I would keep the icing.

Also, after you ice, slide these bad boys in the fridge to set up if you will.

Cinnamon Chocolate Brownies from Lemons for Lulu



Cinnamon Chocolate Brownies slightly adapted from Lemons for Lulu
Ingredients
  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups sugar
  • ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • For frosting
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup confectioners sugar
  • ¼ cup milk
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9×13 pan and set aside.
  2. In a bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine sugar and cocoa powder.
  3. In a large bowl, melt butter in microwave. Stir in sugar mixture. Add eggs one at at time until well blended. Add in vanilla. Slowly add in flour mixture and stir until incorporated. Spread in prepared pan.
  4. Bake for 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from pan. Let cool completely before frosting.
  5. For the frosting:
  6. In a mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and melted chocolate. In a separate bowl, combine confectioners sugar and cinnamon. Gradually add sugar mixture to butter, beating until well blended. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Carefully and slowly beat in the milk until frosting is smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment