Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Orzo Kale Salad

I pinned (shocker) this salad recipe, and decided to change up my routine and make this for my lunches this week. Umm it's delicious. I was pretty unsure about it, but I'm glad I went with it. This would be excellent at a cookout or barbecue too as it keeps so nicely.

Kale Orzo Salad - Ingredients, Inc.


Kale Orzo Salad slightly adapted from Ingredients, Inc.

Ingredients
4 cups chopped fresh kale (I used the bagged kale from Trader Joe's)
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3/4 pound whole wheat orzo, cooked and cooled
1/2 cup diced cucumber
1/2 cup diced purple onion
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup pistachios
1Crumbled feta cheese (I used fat-free)
Preparation
1. In a large skillet, cook kale in 2 tablespoons hot oil over medium heat 5 minutes or until slightly wilted. Remove from heat; let cool and set aside.

2. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and remaining olive oil. Set aside.

3. In a large bowl, combine orzo, cucumber, onion and bell pepper, mixing well. Add lemon juice mixture, pistachios and feta, mixing well. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment