Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Milkshakes for Breakfast

Yes, I indulged this morning in a milkshake for breakfast. Obviously it was of the healthy variety. In an effort to mix up my breakfast routine I tried this milkshake this morning, and in case you missed it, yesterday I tried this oatmeal. While I did like this mornings shake way better than yesterday's oatmeal I'm still not 100% sold.

Do you all have a favorite healthy breakfast recipe?

Healthy Peanut Butter, Banana, & Honey Milkshake via An Edible Mosaic


Healthy Peanut Butter, Banana, & Honey Milkshake slightly adapted from An Edible Mosaic
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon almond butter 
  • 1 tablespoon ground golden flaxseed 
  • 2 teaspoons honey 
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon unfiltered apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 pinch sea salt
  • 1 large banana, peeled, chopped into 6 pieces, and frozen
Instructions
  1. Add all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
  2. Pour the smoothie into a glass.
  3. Serve immediately, while it is super thick and creamy.


Tomorrow I'm going to try these. I mean, surely I can't go wrong with cookies for breakfast? I'll report back!


No comments:

Post a Comment