Monday, February 18, 2013

Lately...

I hadn't done a "lately" post in awhile so I thought it was about time for one. Did you all have a good weekend? Ours was great, it was the perfect mix of fun, friends, family and getting things done around the house. I'm most excited about our new rug in our hallway and the rehanging of some artwork to make more of a gallery wall type look in the hallway as well...look for a picture on my Instagram soon (follow me at nlboenker).

This morning I made a new breakfast recipe for myself. I keep thinking I want to get into oatmeal, mostly for all the health benefits, but sadly I just CAN'T get into it. This is the recipe I followed in case any of you are oatmeal fanatics.

Last night I made an oldie, but a goodie...this Cajun Chicken Pasta. This time instead of pasta, I threw in a packet of the quinoa/brown rice blend (I get this at CostCo!) that I use frequently. It was delicious!

via Skinnytaste.com


Tonight I'm planning on making these pork chops which I posted about here. I hope the hubs will like these!

via Cooking Light
Do we have any Downton obsessed people reading? OMG I can't believe the finale! UGH I don't know how I'm going to wait until Season 4 to see what happens next.

Revenge was pretty freaking good too, man too much TV and too little time...cue my husband rolling his eyes now.

And last but not least, spring/summer is just around the corner and these sandals from Aerin (yes Lauder) would be a classic option to add to any one's wardrobe. 

Salinas via Aerin
Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment