Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Boursin+Mushroom+Chicken

I had pinned (Shocker!) this recipe months ago and one of my SILs repinned it and told me how delicious it was so I knew I had to make it soon. Of course the fact that the recipe came from Baked Bree didn't hurt either as Bree's recipes are always delicious.

My SIL has been cooking this dish in her cast-iron skillet, a skillet I desperately need to get for myself, but keep forgetting too. I hear the Lodge brand is the best, do any of you have a cast-iron skillet you love?

This turned out great, although I did burn the chicken and our house FILLED with smoke, whoops! But, even with that issue I still thought this was a great dish.

Enjoy!

P.S. - Sorry for the lack of picture!



Chicken with Boursin Mushroom Sauce slightly adapted from Baked Bree
Ingredients
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 cup mushrooms
  • 1 Tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • 1/4 cup crumbled Boursin cheese (Garlic and Fine Herbs)
Instructions
  1. Dry your chicken breasts with paper towels and season well with salt and pepper. Flip them over and season the other side.
  2. Cook chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until brown and turn over, about 5 minutes. Flip over and reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook about 15 minutes more or until the chicken reaches 160 degrees. Transfer to a plate and cover with tin foil to keep warm. Add the mushrooms and oil to the pan.
  3. Add the wine to the pan and scrape up all of the bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until the wine cooks almost all of the way out.
  4. Take the pan off of the heat and whisk in the Boursin cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
  5. Pour the Boursin sauce over the chicken and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment