Saturday, March 17, 2012

EASY Salmon Recipe!

Happy weekend! SO glad the weekend is finally here...I'm looking forward to dinner with some couple friends and to finally tackling cleaning out our carport and garage, I know the hubs is extra thrilled about that, HA!

I made this salmon last Tuesday and it was SO easy and delicious. Two tips though...first I would highly advise downloading the app from the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch app, it's so helpful in telling you what kinds of seafood to stay away from and then also what particular species of fish you should buy. Second is I wish I had put down a piece of foil or parchment paper on my baking sheet before the salmon, it would of really helped come clean up time.

Mustard Maple Salmon from SELF (Serves 1)

Ingredients

 - 1 4 oz salmon filet
 - 1 tsp Dijon mustard
 - 1 tsp pure maple syrup
 - Dash each of red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper

Set oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Mix all ingredients from salmon on together and brush over your salmon filet. Broil salmon until it flakes easily with a fork, 5-7 minutes.

(The top of my salmon filets did get a little "burned" looking, but they didn't taste it and were delicious!)

No comments:

Post a Comment