Thursday, May 30, 2013

Asparagus Side Dish

Does this not look delicious? It did to me and grabbed my attention immediately! I made it the other night to go along with our pistachio pesto chicken and it was really good. I did roast my asparagus instead of grill it for easiness and that worked out just as well. Next time I'll ease up on the red pepper flakes a bit though. This would be a great side dish to entertain with as it has that little something extra that makes it special. Enjoy!

Rue Daily


Roasted Asparagus with Red Pepper Flakes and Truffle Oil 
slightly adapted from Rue Daily
For 2-3
1 bunch asparagus (thicker stalks work best)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon truffle oil
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
salt and pepper
Chop the woody tough part of the asparagus off (the bottom inch or two), and dress with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast at 425 degrees for about 20 to 30 minutes, remove from oven and immediately drizzle with truffle oil and sprinkle on the red pepper flakes and parm. Toss together and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment