I had some leftover bananas in the freezer that I needed to use up so that's where these muffins came into play. A little tip here, when your bananas start getting too brown and mushy slice them up and put them in baggies in your freezer and keep them for smoothies or baked goods. Any who back to the muffins,YUMMY is all I have to say.
|Low Fat Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins|
Low Fat Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins from Food.com
Makes 12 regular size muffins
- 3 large bananas , mashed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour (you can use whole wheat for a change if you like)
- 1/2 cup rolled oat (instant is fine)
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Whole Wheat Flour instead of regular
- Increased the applesauce from 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup
- Added 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Used cupcake liners for easy clean up
- 1Add sugar to mashed bananas and mix.
- 2Add beaten egg and mix.
- 3In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- 4Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix well.
- 5Mix in applesauce.
- 6Add chocolate chips and Stir.
- 7Spoon into medium size muffin tin (I use paper muffin cups so they won't stick) and fill 3/4's full.
- 8Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350.