Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Muffin Gooooodness!

I'm sure by now most of you all have realized my love for cooking and baking. Muffins are one of my all time favorite things to bake for people! They are easy, transport well and everyone could use something for breakfast, right? After all breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

I had some leftover bananas in the freezer that I needed to use up so that's where these muffins came into play. A little tip here, when your bananas start getting too brown and mushy slice them up and put them in baggies in your freezer and keep them for smoothies or baked goods. Any who back to the muffins,YUMMY is all I have to say.

Low Fat Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins


Low Fat Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins from Food.com

Makes 12 regular size muffins

Ingredients


***My Changes
 - Whole Wheat Flour instead of regular
 - Increased the applesauce from 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup
 - Added 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
 - Used cupcake liners for easy clean up

Directions:

  1. 1
    Add sugar to mashed bananas and mix.
  2. 2
    Add beaten egg and mix.
  3. 3
    In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients.
  4. 4
    Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix well.
  5. 5
    Mix in applesauce.
  6. 6
    Add chocolate chips and Stir.
  7. 7
    Spoon into medium size muffin tin (I use paper muffin cups so they won't stick) and fill 3/4's full.
  8. 8
    Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350.
  9. 9
    Enjoy!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment