Thursday, January 19, 2012

I LOVE BLACK BEANS!

Who is with me?! I just love them! First off they are very nutritious and filling and second they are so cheap. I always try to find the canned versions that are reduced sodium too. The thing I make most with black beans is my my black bean dip/salad, it's always a crowd pleaser and is healthy! This recipe is very adaptable (Corn, diced jalapeno and diced onions could all be good additions) to whatever you have on hand too, but below is the way I usually make it!

My Black Bean Salad/Dip

Ingredients

 - 2 cans of reduced sodium black beans (Rinsed & Drained)
 - 1 bell pepper diced (Any color works)
 - 1 container of cherry tomatoes (Sliced)
 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
 - 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
 - 1 lime juiced
 - 1 teaspoon cumin
 - 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
 - Salt & Pepper to taste

Put everything in a bowl and stir it all up and you are DONE!

I like to make it the night before I need it to let all the flavors come together and this will last for a few days in the fridge.

When I serve this as a dip I use tortilla chips with it, and when I make it for lunch or dinner like I did this week I usually add a little avocado each time I eat it, that really makes it yummy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment