Monday, December 31, 2012

I Know Were Supposed to Eat Black-Eyed Peas...

BUT I don't wanna! I've never like black-eyed peas, I would eat one and only one on New Years Day night to appease my Mom. So in place of black-eyed peas I'll be serving these (My Mama made them on Christmas night and they were amaze!) brussel sprouts tonight. I realize that black-eyed peas and brussel sprouts are not alike in way, shape or form, but just roll with it.


Ingredients
Brussel Sprouts (I get the bagged verison from Trader Joe's)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Start by slicing the ends off of each sprout and cutting them in half. Drizzle on about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Just enough to coat each sprout. Toss in a good-sized pinch of kosher salt and ground pepper. Gently stir the sprouts to coat them in oil, but be careful not to stir too vigorously as to break them apart. Turn the sprout out on to a cookie sheet to roast.
Run them into a preheated oven at 400′ for about 20 to 30 minutes, using a spatula to turn them half way through cooking.
While they’re cooking, add 1 tablespoon of butter to a small saucepan, followed by 1 tablespoon honey. Warm the honey butter on low heat until combined.
Add 1/4 cup of chopped pecans to a small cookie sheet and run them in the 400′ oven for about 4 to 5 minutes.
Once the sprouts are roasted add the honey butter and toasted pecans and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment