I found my York Peppermint Pieces at my local Tom Thumb, but drugstores and stores like Target have them too. The "pieces" are basically York Peppermint Patties in M&M form that come in resealable bags. I'm sure you all have seen these before.
|York Peppermint Pieces Cookies from Lovin' From the Oven|
York Peppermint Pieces Cookies slightly adapted from Lovin' From the Oven
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter, cut into pieces
- ¾ cup York Pieces
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 325˚F.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate and butter in the microwave, stirring until smooth. Set aside and let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- In a mixer, combine the melted chocolate, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the candy pieces.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes. Let them cool on pan for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.