Monday, December 17, 2012

FOOD Week Continues with a DIP

Now I know I said meatballs are the key to any great party spread, but I also think dips play a important role too. Who doesn't love to dip a cracker (my favorites are whole wheat versions from TJs right now) into a hot cheesy gooey dip? Man, I'm wishing I still had some of this dip leftover to enjoy.

A girlfriend of mine (Hi Lu!) and one of my SILs both professed their love of this dip to me earlier this year so it made its way onto the Christmas party menu. Let me tell you friends, it was the first item to be gobbled up, clearly it was a crowd pleaser.

I made this the night before and then baked right before the party and that worked out great. Thank you Jessica for ALWAYS giving us amazing recipes!

Toasted Almond Parmesan Dip from How Sweet It Is



makes about 1 1/2 cups of dip
6 ounces cream cheese (I use a low-fat version)
2 ounces mascarpone cheese
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mascarpone, salt, pepper, nutmeg, parmesan and 1/2 cup almonds. Mix with a spoon to combine, then press into a baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining almonds. Serve with crackers and pita chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment