Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Bison Pot Roast

This was only my second time to ever make a pot roast. My first attempt didn't go well, but this time it went great. I pinned (Seriously peeps, what would we do without Pinterest?) this recipe after reading how easy it seemed and tried it Sunday night. It was delicious.

I used beef broth in place of the cream of mushroom soup and decided to use bison chuck too. These two changes helped make the dish lighter and healthier. Also, did I mention this is a slow cooker meal which I just love, makes it easy peasy.

This would be a perfect meal to make when entertaining or to take to loved ones. I served this with biscuits and roasted zucchini. Enjoy!

Easy Crockpot Pot Roast from My Life, as a Mrs.


Easy Crockpot Bison Roast slightly adapted from My Life as a Mrs.

ingredients:

28 ounce bag of mini potatoes, rinsed and pierced with fork (I used mini-yukon golds)
1 onion, quartered
2 1/2 pound boneless bison roast
1 packet onion soup mix
1 cup beef broth
1 tbs red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
cracked black pepper
1 small bag of carrots (may substitute baby carrots)

directions:

Spray Crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Add Potatoes and onion quarters then top with bison roast. Add onion soup mix, beef broth, red wine vinegar, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Cover and cook on low for at least 8 hours. During the last hour of cooking add the carrots, making sure they are submerged in the cooking liquid.
Place some of the meat, potatoes, carrots, and onions in a bowl and ladle broth on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment