Thursday, September 13, 2012

Refreshing Citrus Salad

Last night I made the most refreshing salad. It was beyond tasty and so easy to put together. I found the recipe over on Yummy Mummy Kitchen, a new to me blog that I love. Sadly, I didn't assemble my salad quite like the pictured showed below as I was short on time, but whether you assemble it like shown or just throw all the ingredients in bowl, it will still be delicious.

Orange and Avocado Salad via Yummy Mummy Kitchen



Citrus and Avocado Salad slightly adapted from Yummy Mummy Kitchen

Serves 3
2 tangelos, peeled and sliced crosswise (Feel free to use oranges, grapefruits...whatever you prefer)
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced crosswise 
Greens of your choice (I used a kale/chard/spinach/arugula mix)
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice (I felt that I didn't need extra juice as the tangelos produced enough juice on their own)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil 
pinch of salt and pepper

Slice tangelos and avocados and place in bowl followed by greens and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil over and toss.


I served my roasted parm chicken and Alexia Baked Spicy Sweet Potato fries along this salad. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment