Thursday, September 6, 2012

Roasted Grapes + Goat Cheese

Awhile back and now of course I can't remember where, but I read a recipe for a Roasted Grape Crostini with Goat Cheese and Honey and I thought it sounded so delicious and interesting. Last night I hosted a meeting at my house for a philanthropy event I'm helping with and had the perfect excuse to make this crostini.

I went slightly off this recipe and they turned out delicious! I will definitely make these again.

via Two Peas & Their Pod (My recipe is a wee bit different and will yield a crostini that looks different than pictured)



Roasted Grape and Goat Cheese Crostini
slight adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod

ingredients:

Red grapes, about 1 pound, removed from the stems
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 French baguette, thinly sliced and toasted
Goat Cheese with Honey (I found mine at Trader Joe's), about 4-6 ounces softened

directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place grapes on a large baking sheet. Drizzle grapes with olive oil, salt and pepper and gently toss. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until grapes are soft and slightly shriveled. Let the grapes cool while you assemble the baguette and goat cheese
2. Smear sliced toasted bread with the softened goat cheese with honey and then place 1-3 grapes on each slice. 
Note-to toast baguette slices-preheat oven to Broil. Place baguette slices on a large baking sheet and spray with olive oil (This gadget comes in SUPER handy here). Toast until edges are slightly golden and bread begins to toast, make sure to keep an eye on your bread as it can burn quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment