Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Southwestern Pasta Salad

Ohhhhh how I love this! I have a dear friend whose family members I can all count as friends too and the Mama of this family is the BEST cook. She makes this killer Southwestern Pasta Salad that I've started making as well with a few of my own personal tweaks.

This is great to make on a Sunday for a weeks worth of lunches or you could throw in some chicken or beef fajita meat to make it a more complete meal.

Enjoy!

via My iPhone



Southwestern Pasta Salad


½ lb quinoa (I've been using a quinoa/brown rice blend from CostCo that you microwave in the oven!)
1 ½ c. frozen corn
1 can black beans, rinsed
½ cup each diced red and green bell pepper
½ c. diced purple onion
feta cheese, crumbled (I use fat-free or reduced-fat)
Cherry tomatoes

Dressing:
1/3 c. vegetable oil
¼ c. fresh lime juice
1 jalapeno, minced
1 T. cumin
½ tsp salt
2 cloves garlic, minced


Cook quinoa, drain, cool a little. 
Whisk all dressing ingredients together.
Add corn, beans, peppers, onion and feta to pasta and add dressing.  Garnish with tomatoes and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment