Monday, June 24, 2013

Chocolate Oat Bites

Happy Monday! Did everyone have a good weekend? We did so much relaxing it was ridiculous, but was so nice. I had a more productive day yesterday which included baking these healthy treats for the week and they are yummy.

Mine didn't turn out to be in perfectly shaped balls like the original recipes picture showed, but more like clumps, however, they are still delicious.

This was my first time baking with coconut oil too. I got mine from Trader Joe's and melted it in the microwave, it was beyond easy.

Enjoy!

Chocolate Oat Bites


Chocolate Oat Bites from Texanerin Baking


Ingredients

1 banana, mashed
½ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup cocoa powder
1½ cups old fashioned oats
¼ cup peanut butter chips

Directions

In a bowl mix together the mashed banana, coconut oil, honey and vanilla.
Mix in cocoa powder until well combined.
Add oats, mixing until everything is evenly coated.
Fold in the peanut butter chips.
Scoop golf ball sized balls of dough, place on a baking sheet.
Place in fridge for 1 hour to harden.
Store in an air tight container.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking to me! I wonder what caused the difference in consistency. This was posted by one of my guest posters while I was in the US so I really have no idea. I'm assuming she used a normal medium-sized banana so the banana shouldn't be the issue. I'll have to try out the recipe myself and see! :)

    ReplyDelete