Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'm Back with Peaches!!

Hiiiiii guys! I know it's been forever and I didn't even give you all a warning that no posts would be happening last week. I did in fact plan to post while on vacay, but once I got comfortable in California that went out the window. The vacation was awesome though, separate post coming on what all I did later this week.

In the meantime, I wanted to clue you all in on my love affair with peaches. I'm sure you all have noticed the peach mania around the blogosphere lately and as soon as I saw Jenna's salad I knew I had to make it. I put my own twist on it though and have made it three times since!

Side note...if I'm running low on time I don't grill the peaches, although I would suggest it, but the salad is still delicious without doing so!

Grilled Peach Salad via Eat, Live, Run



serves 2/3
Ingredients:
about 8 cups mixed salad greens, washed and ready to use (I've been using mixed greens OR arugula)
2 yellow peaches, slightly firm to the touch
Chopped pecans OR Tour's Mix
Fresh grated parmesan cheese (Use a microplane for this, GREAT kitchen tool!)
for dressing—
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey
tiny pinch of sea salt
Directions:
Make the dressing first. In a small bowl, whisk together the white balsamic vinegar and the olive oil. Then, stir in the honey and and mix well. Add a pinch of salt. Set aside.
Preheat your grill to medium/high heat.
Slice peaches in half and discard pit. Place peaches, cut side down, on the preheated grill. Close lid and grill for about five minutes, checking occasionally. You want the peaches to soften and get those nice char lines across the bottom. Remove peaches when done and turn off the grill. Slice peaches thin.
To assemble salads, toss everything into a large bowl and drizzle dressing over the top and toss well.
Time:
20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment