Sunday, July 8, 2012

Getting My Organization On...

Do you of you read Sous Style? It's a new to me blog that I'm loving. I love the variation of posts from great hostess gifts to the perfect caprese salad recipe. Any who they had a post a few weeks ago on some organization tips from celeb makeup artist Darlene Jacobs and I wanted to re post what I thought were the best tips from her list. I have been doing some organizing of my own this weekend and it has felt fabulous!

Cheers to making your life more organized!

Darlene Jacobs via Sous Style



Tip 1 Organize First, Clean later
The easiest way for me to keep a clean apartment is to keep it organized and chaos free. That way when it’s time to clean things, I don’t waste my time organizing a mess first. Clutter mentally and physically cripples me, so keeping my life clutter-free keeps me sane!
Tip 2 Better Now Than Later
As soon as I read an email, I file or delete it. I open and sort through my mail as soon as I bring it in the house, I never go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink, I get rid of magazines as soon as I’ve read through them, and I always put things away when I’m not using them.
Tip 4 Pretty, Easy Storage
I have baskets and boxes everywhere in my house! I keep all my extra toiletries organized in the cabinets in baskets. I have clean white boxes in my walk-in closet to hold various electronic stuff, stationery, and office supplies. I even have a hanging basket in the kitchen to hold my fruits and veggies!
Tip 7 Set it And Forget it
My Google calendar with alerts is invaluable. My husband and I share our calendars with each other so we can see each other’s schedules. I set alerts on it all the time so I get emails or messages on my phone reminding me of something coming up or a deadline I have to meet.
Tip 8 Do It Daily
I like to maintain a cleanliness between major cleanings. I wipe down the bathroom sink after each use. I designate a washcloth for this that stays on the sink so no one is using a dirty hand towel to dry their clean hands. I love the Swiffer Wet Jet to spot clean the floor, especially in the kitchen after a big meal. I am a klutz, so food inevitably finds its way onto my white tiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment