Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Monday Night Din!

Hiii everyone! And hii to any new readers I have, I so appreciate everyone taking the time to read my blog!

So I've been trying to cook with fish more so I've been pinning fish recipes like a maniac and on Monday night I tried out a homemade and healthy version of fish sticks. One of my sister-in-laws had another name for them, but we won't go there. I followed this recipe and they turned out great! I made roasted green beans as our side dish and the hubs proclaimed that they were the best green beans he had ever had. These are two winning recipes in my book, I hope you all think the same after trying them out.

P.S. - Both these recipes came from the FABULOUS blog How Sweet It is, if you love food you are CRAZY to not read this blog!

via How Sweet It Is


makes 12 fish sticks
3 tilapia filets (I’m sure you can use another fish too)
2 egg whites, beaten
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450.
Lay a wire rack on a baking sheet and spray it with non-stick spray. (Very important!!)
Cut the tilapia once down the middle, then in half, creating four “sticks.” Season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, beat the 2 egg whites. In a separate bowl, add the panko, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Dip each fish stick in egg whites, than in the panko mixture, pressing to adhere. Lay on the wire rack and spritz with olive oil.
Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for 10 more minutes. Serve hot! I also sprinkled some paprika over the finished fish sticks!
via How Sweet It Is

1 lb fresh green beans (I like to use the packaged "French" green beans from Central Market)
drizzle of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 425.
Add green beans to a bowl and drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil on them. Mix with your hands to coat each green bean. Lay them on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Roast for 25-30 minutes, flipping once during cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment