Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hearty and Healthy Muffins

My friend Lauren named me the "Muffin Queen", I think I very much like that title and its a fitting one since I've blogged numerous muffin recipes and have yet another one for you all today. I wanted to make a applesauce oatmeal muffin and came across this recipe. Now, I'm giving you all fair warning here that they do taste healthy, but they are still yummy. They are definitely a hearty and filling muffin and are a great snack or breakfast. I was happy to make these for my sweet pilatie's instructor and some dear friends of ours who were in town briefly this past weekend.

Happy baking!!

Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins from Food.com



Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins

Yields 12 muffins

Ingredients:





Topping 

Directions:


  1. 1
    Heat oven to 400.
  2. 2
    Line 12 medium muffin tins with paper cups(optional)(spray muffin tin with cooking spray w/o paper cups).
  3. 3
    Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
  4. 4
    Add applesauce, milk, brown sugar, oil and egg white.
  5. 5
    Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
  6. 6
    Fill muffin cups almost full.
  7. 7
    For topping combine remaining ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
  8. 8
    Bake 20-22 minutes until deep golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment