|Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins from Food.com|
Yields 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1 1/4 cups flour (I used whole-wheat flour)
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup skim milk (I used 1%)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg white
- 1Heat oven to 400.
- 2Line 12 medium muffin tins with paper cups(optional)(spray muffin tin with cooking spray w/o paper cups).
- 3Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- 4Add applesauce, milk, brown sugar, oil and egg white.
- 5Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 6Fill muffin cups almost full.
- 7For topping combine remaining ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- 8Bake 20-22 minutes until deep golden brown.