Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fish = Easy Weeknight Meal

Hiiii friends! So lets discuss fish, I used to always be so nervous to cook it and to be honest still am a wee bit, but I've been trying to incorporate more fish into our weekly dinners for its health benefits and quick cooking times. I came across this recipe on Ingredients, Inc, a great health food blog and it was really good! The main change I made to the recipe was to use feta cheese instead of goat cheese because its what I had on hand and next time I would sub pineapple for the mango, this was my first time to ever eat or cook with a mango, CRAZY I know, but I just wasn't that thrilled with it.  Anyway, back to the recipe, this was easy and yum AND husband approved!

Halibut with Mango and Goat Cheese from Ingredients, Inc



Halibut with Mango and Goat Cheese

Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients
1 cup chopped fresh mango
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley (I used dried and only used 1 T)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 (4-ounce) halibut fillets
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (1 ounce) (I used feta cheese)
Preparation
1. In a small bowl combine mango, green onions, parsley and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

2. In a small saucepan over medium heat combine maple syrup and mustard; bring to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.

3. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300°F to 350°F). Season filets with salt to taste. Brush with syrup mixture. Place fillets on grill. Grill, covered, 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

4. Just before serving, stir goat cheese into mango mixture. Spoon over fillets, and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment