Friday, August 17, 2012

A Main Dish or a Dip?

I made this yummy dish last night for dinner and we loved it. Let me retrace my steps actually, while my Mom and I loved it my husband thought it seemed more like a "dip" than a main dish, but what does he know!

All in all though we all cleaned our plates. This dish can also be made earlier in the day and reheated for meal time which is so helpful. My husband was onto something though, because tortilla chips served with this to scoop up all that goodness isn't a bad idea.

Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet from Ready Set Eat


Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet slightly adapted from Ready Set Eat


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1-1 1/2 cups quartered and sliced zucchini
  • 1/2 cup diced green pepper
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can Fire Roasted diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
  • 1 cup instant brown rice (I used Uncle Ben's Ready Microwavable Brown Rice, SO easy!)
  • 1/2 cup shredded Pepper jack cheese

DIRECTIONS

  1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, undrained tomatoes and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
  2. Add rice; stir well. Remove and sprinkle with cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment