Thursday, March 1, 2012

Oscar Fashion!

Sooo I know I'm a little late to the party on the topic of Oscar fashion, but I still wanted to recap my favorites. I am embarrassed to say that I didn't even watch the show, just the red carpet arrivals (The best part!) and then E!'s Fashion Police recap of it. So here we go!

Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli...yes yes yes we KNOW it looks similar to Nicole Kidman's 2007 look, but its still totally different too. LOVE this, love her...she has really nailed it almost every time on the red carpet.


My dearest Gwyneth in Tom Ford, she rocked it. She totally took a risk and it paid off. And from what I hear it was a cooler CA night so the cape came in handy. She looked awesome!


Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton looked precious. I love the peplum trend so thus I'm in love with this. Loving the coral color too, not loving the brooch or the necklace. I think she should of ditched those two accessories and just gone with a statement earring, but she still looks radiant!

Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab Couture, to me this is what Oscar fashion is all about the glitz and the glam. I love that its a little Old Hollywood, but still modern at the same time. Well done Milla!


Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji, I've been loving all of Octavia's choices this award seasons. While some bloggers and fashion critics have nailed her for wearing the same designer over and over, I praise her because this designer clearly knows how to dress her body and she always steps out with confidence and class. This gown looks great on her and shows off all assets.


Shailene Woodley in Valentino Couture...WAY TO GO girlfriend. It's so refreshing to see a young girl in a uber-classic gown. I love this look on her, I don't care if its a wee bit mature for her because she still looks fabulous in it and shows young girls that you don't have to let it all hang out. Well done! And its Valentino people, he can do no wrong.


Tina Fey in Carolina Herrara, way to step out of your comfort zone Tina. While I know we just moved to navy and not a bright color its still a step in the right direction. Her hair is also super fun which adds to the dress and she is rocking the peplum trend. LOVE this.


Now onto the looks from the Vanity Fair After Party. Kate Bosworth in Prabal Gurung, OMG this is so hot, but still modern and fresh. I LOVE this look. Does she not just look amazing?


Claire Danes in Valentino...Claire also stepped out of her comfort zone and went in a more vibrant and fun direction and I'm loving it. Love the polka dot pattern at the neck, but the sheerness to it adds a bit of sexy. This just looks like the ultimate girly party dress to me!


Diane Kruger in Calvin Klein, one word, sexy. And luckily classy sexy not sleazy sexy. Claire rocks this look so well. Love it.


All images courtesy of Red Carpert Fashion Awards






No comments:

Post a Comment