Friday, May 25, 2012

Who Knew PALEO was SO yummy?!

So I've posted recipes before from Ingredients, Inc, Alison really makes some fantastic recipes and they never disappoint. I was asked to make a dessert for a girls meeting that I had last night and I knew I wanted to bring something somewhat healthy...or as healthy as a dessert can be. I had pinned these no bake cookies forever ago and decided this was the perfect time to make them! O my goodness, they are delicious!

No-Bake Paleo and Gluten-Free Cookies from Ingredients, Inc


No-Bake Paleo and Gluten-Free Cookies

Prep: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen (larger cookies)
Ingredients
1 cup finely chopped almonds, pecans or walnuts (I put 2 cups of walnuts in the food processor and used all that it made)
11/2 cups semisweet or dark chocolate chips (I used dark)
1/2 cup almond butter (I used self-grind) (I could only find chunky almond butter so I used that and it worked great)
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup honey
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes (I only had sweetened on hand)
Preparation
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

2. Process nuts in a food processor until very finely chopped (almost ground). Set aside.

3. Combine chocolate, almond butter, olive oil and honey over low heat in a medium saucepan 2 to 3 minutes or until it has a smooth consistency and chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon, coconut and nuts.

4. Drop by tablespoon or teaspoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until they harden. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment